Three churches of peace were built in Poland. Two of them exist until now – in Jawor and Świdnica. The third one was built in Głogów, but it burned down in 1758 during the great fire of the city.
The church interior is unusual for the Protestant Church. The Church of Peace in Jawor delights with baroque splendour of the interior decor, which is in contrast with the simplicity of the wattle-and-daub structure of the building from the outside.
Thanks to the multilevel emporas, the church could accommodate even several thousand worshipers during the prayer service.
Emporas in the Church of Peace.
The historical baptismal font.
The Church of Peace in Jawor is over 350 years old.
The Church of Peace in the Lower Silesia.
To build the Church of Peace the worshipers could use only three construction materials: straw, clay and timber.
The Church of Peace in Jawor is located close the historical town centre.
The surroundings of the church.