Legnica – until recently the largest barracks in Europe, commonly called “Little Moscow”.
- Legnica – a city called “Little Moscow” – until 1993. tens of thousands of Soviet soldiers were stationed in the city
- the city regains its former splendor from year to year, especially near the beautifully restored market square
- right next to the market square there is the Piast Castle – the oldest brick castle in today’s Poland
- being in the city center, be sure to visit the Copper Museum with a variety of collections related to the history of the region
- also look into the churches: the cathedrals of pw. St. Apostles Peter and Paul and the Evangelical Church of St. Paul Virgin Mary where you can admire unique stained glass windows