Church of St. Marcin in Jawor – with a painting by the greatest Silesian painter Michael Willmann.
Opening hours / opening dates
- during the week: 6:30, 9:00, 18:00
- Sunday: 8:00, 10:00, 12:00, 18:00, 20:00
- parish church pw. St. Martina of Tours
- the first mention of the temple comes from 1242
- the church is built of broken granite with sandstone decorations
- has only one tower, the other collapsed in 1533 and was rebuilt only to the height of the gable
- in 2010 art conservators discovered on one of the paintings in the side altar the initials of the most famous Silesian painter Michael Willmann called silesian Rembrandt. The painting is located above the painting “Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary” is entitled “Waiting for Mary by the Holy Trinity surrounded by saints”.
- see other attractions and monuments of Jawor
Church of St. Marcin in Jawor – write how it was!