Piast Castle in Jawor – the times of splendor are behind us, are they still ahead of us?
- Entrance to the castle tower2 0.5person
Opening hours / opening dates
- May - October
- Wednesday - Sunday
- entrances to the tower at 12:00 and at 15:00
- a fragment of the south-west wing of the Castle is open to the public
- the most important attraction of the castle is the viewpoint on the castle tower, from where there is a panorama of the city of Jawor and the Kaczawski Mountains and Foothills
- in the attic there are temporary exhibitions devoted to the history of the castle and the work of artists of the region, including an exhibition presenting the Jawor fate of copernicus’ manuscript “On the revolutions of the celestial spheres”
- during World War II, the castle housed a heavy Gestapo prison for women.
- interesting fact: from the tower of the Piast Castle broadcasts an alternative, independent radio “Zamek Nadaje”. The editors are, among others, musicians of the legendary punk band Zielone Żabki and Ga Ga from Jawor, for those who remember the old times music video of Green Frogs
- history of the Piast Castle in Jawor