Włodarz Complex – underground city, Owl Mountains
Włodarz Adits – the largest underground of the Riese Complex in the Owl Mountains.
Visiting the Włodarz Adit
Visiting the adit with a train ride
Cable car ride without sightseeing
- reduced ticket is available to children from 3 to 12 years
- Włodarz adits can be visited by children over 3 years of age
Opening hours / opening dates
- the last entrance takes place up to one hour before closing
- the Riese or Giant project is the code name of the largest construction project of the Third Reich, the Włodarz adit is the largest of all the buildings included in the complex
- underground corridors, bunkers and halls that were built under the Włodarz mountain have a total length of over 3000 meters
- Hitler himself was very interested in the project, and the activities of the “Riese” complex were top secret.
- the work lasted there around the clock – it was carried out by workers from the Gross-Rosen concentration camp
- Włodarz complex is a very popular place among tourists, there are long queues to the ticket offices and extended waiting time for a guide
- in the basement all year round there are low temperatures (about 8 ° C), do not forget about warm clothes, the tour lasts over 1 h
- during the tour you will visit the flooded corridors by boat, see many well-preserved exhibits and learn about the history of the place
- for an additional fee by underground railway you will ride along the educational path
- if you are intrigued by the mystery of the Włodarz Adit, be sure to visit the underground city of Osówka, the Rzeczka complex and the underground of Książ Castle
- see other underground attractions of Lower Silesia
Frequently asked questions
No, entry to the complex with animals is not allowed.
In the basement of the Włodarz Complex in the Owl Mountains.
In the corridors of the Riese Complex (Giant).
The tunnels were built in backbreaking conditions by prisoners of the Gross Rosen concentration camp.
The tunnels are secured with concrete vaults.
We’re using cookies. Only anonymously. Thanks to this our site works better. If you feel like having a real cookie and coffee, come and visit our restaurant.
Włodarz Complex – underground city, Owl Mountains – write how it was!