Dobkow, Katshava Mountains
Sudetic Geoscience Centre
The Sudeten Educational Homestead is a modern multimedia science center dedicated to geology and other earth sciences and the history of the region.
Entrance (self-guided tour)
family ticket (2+2)
family ticket (2+2)
children up to 4 years of age, people with disabilities and their guardians
free of charge / included
Opening hours / opening dates
Wednesday - Sunday
Monday - Tuesday
- The Sudetic Geoscience Centre is a modern, interactive museum dedicated to volcanoes, geology and the Land of Extinct Volcanoes region
- the facility is located in a carefully renovated, former farmstead. It is true that you will not find animals here today, but there will be no shortage of attractions!
- in the former farm buildings there are educational rooms equipped with models, games, simulations that will help you better understand volcanoes and other interesting phenomena occurring on our planet
- probably the biggest attraction for children is a platform imitating an earthquake
- the center can be visited with a guide and independently (we recommend guides! it is more difficult to achieve the educational goal yourself) – see the dates of guided tours
- workshops are also available:
+ laboratory and ecological
+ travel / ethnographic
- in the Sudecka Zagroda workshops related to geology and minerals are also conducted by geologist Marcin:
+ workshops of cutting, grinding and polishing Kaczawski minerals
+ mineral exploration workshops
- see workshop dates
- there are also workshops for pre-school, school, adult and senior groups, as well as green school programs
Frequently asked questions
Yes, the number of places is organic, and classes are very popular, so it is better to book a place in advance.
Yes! It was created with children in mind, but this does not mean that adults will be bored!
Yes, but it is much more difficult to achieve an educational goal or interest children in this way.
Yes, there is free parking for cars and buses in front of the property.
At the Centre, there are organized engaging laboratories for children.
A model of the river. Educators teach on this mock-up why it is not possible to build houses in floodplains.
Jak powstała Ostrzyca – Fudżi Jama Dolnego Śląska
W Zagrodzie jest obraz, jest dym, jest architektura, dźwięk najwyższej jakości, edukacja przekazywana przez ludzi, którzy kochają to co robią!
Ciekawa wycieczka szkolna
No i coś na rozluźnienie mózgów :-)
Sudecka Zagroda przed remontem.
Sudecka Zagroda Edukacyjna mieści się w starym XIX-wiecznym budynku.
A tak oto zwykły mur stał się tablicą z tysiącem informacji!
We’re using cookies. Only anonymously. Thanks to this our site works better. If you feel like having a real cookie and coffee, come and visit our restaurant.
Sudetic Geoscience Centre – write how it was!